Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Mercy..compassion for all..

     It's been a while since I have posted something, and I missed writing posts. It's been a busy last month, since I've started my second semester of my sophomore year of college. For our break, me and my sister spent a lot of time together..it was a great three weeks (those are stories for another day). 
     I was thinking about what I should post and then my aunt gave me an idea. Well, she doesn't actually know that she gave me the idea. She went into the hospital yesterday morning in labor and around 13 hours later gave birth to a baby girl. She wants the baby to have the name: Mercy. So..I decided to write about what Mercy is...

The dictionary states:
  1. Compassion or forgiveness shown toward someone whom it is within one's power to punish or harm.
  2. An event to be grateful for, esp. because its occurrence prevents something unpleasant or provides relief from suffering.
and those are pretty good definitions. 

     One word comes to mind when I think of mercy, and that word is Jesus. He died for all our sins on the cross, even though we should be punished for what we do wrong. Jesus has power to punish us and sometimes he does. But, we can always cry out to him for his mercy and he will freely give it to us. Mercy isn't the only thing that he freely gives to us at all times. Along with it there is peace, compassion, grace, forgiveness, hope, and love. 
     I hope that you have a wonderful year (yeah, never wished you that, my bad)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment