Friday, March 2, 2012

A Father and His Child..

She liked verses 9-11 the best,
 but knew the whole psalm by heart!
Last Friday I was helping, in the hospital where I volunteer and I saw a welcoming and beautiful thing taking place. A father and his young son were inside a hospital room, sitting next to a bed with a frail woman, probably the wife and mother. They were reading a book, and when I went over to ask if they needed anything, it amazed me to see that they were reading the best book in the world, the bible! I ended up talking to them a little and they told me that the woman was indeed the woman belonged to them. She had been the christian and now both son and father had excepted the Lord, just about three months ago. It made me so happy and I smiled, and it made the woman smile too. The little boy likes the stories of 1 and 2 Kings with all the battles and he even liked the story of Job. He kept asking his dad questions, and sometimes they required a simple answer, but the dad was so patient, and would answer them without being frustrated. It made me think of the love God has for us, even when we don't completely understand the things he tells us. They were reading from Psalm 42, the woman's favorite. She recited it, as they read along and what a beautiful harmony it made! The scene made me remember the times when I had sat on my dad's lap and looked on as he read the bible to us. I probably won't see them ever again (the woman was let out earlier in the week), but they did make an impression on me and I wanted to share that with all of you.  


"The LORD Almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."
~ Psalm 46: 7 or 11 (they are the same), NIV

1 comment:

  1. Amazing to see how God works through people. Very touching and encouraging. :)

    ReplyDelete