Monday, March 26, 2012

One of Gods creatures - Strength



Have you ever watched a horse run along a sandy beach, it's muscular legs kicking up the loose sand? What about seeing a herd of wild horses gallop through inches of soft snow? Have you ever stood next to a horse to hear it breath and to feel the soft touch of its muzzle on your shoulder?

     I can't say yes to all these questions, sadly. Horses have been my favorite animal since I was a little girl. I remember watching horse movies one after another. There were times when I would gallop around the house like I was riding a wild steed, that I could supposedly train. (what a dream, right?) 
      Then my dream of riding a real horse came true when I entered third grade. We took riding lessons for about a year and a half. They were some of the most memorable and exciting days of my life. I rode a horse named Presley, a handsome chestnut with a black mane. The riding lesson price soon went up so high, that we stopped our lessons. We've ridden horses on vacations too. We went to Chincoteague to see the ponies there, and we also met the grandson of the owner of Misty. 
     I think that the thing that always drew me to horses was the grace and strength they showed. They run so smoothly, and show no fear. God made them to show us that we should be like them. We should never show fear toward Satan and his plans to lure us away from God. All horses know their owners voice, whether man or just God. We should always heed to our masters call no matter how hard it is for us to get to him. 
 “Do you give the horse its strength or clothe its neck with a flowing mane? Do you make it leap like a locust, striking terror with its proud snorting? It paws fiercely, rejoicing in its strength, and charges into the fray. It laughs at fear, afraid of nothing; it does not shy away from the sword. The quiver rattles against its side, along with the flashing spear and lance. In frenzied excitement it eats up the ground; it cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds."  ~ Job 39:19-24 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Julie, Great post! You know I was just thinking today about when I was younger and the time I spent with horses. I was even thinking about writing about it and I had jotted a note for myself. I love horses (and all of God's Creation), but I was always drawn to horses also. Anyway, to cut a long story short I was badly injured after a horse riding accident. At the time I was not able to get back up on the horse. That old saying that you should get back up on the horse is so very true, because today one of my greatest fears now is horses. I love them dearly but no longer can I ride them. I still like to pat them so long as they're on the other side of the fence. But if a car drives past me towing a horse trailer with horses I do my best do move away from it. Strange how things end up. I pray you have a blessed weekend. Love, Kerrie (aka KC)

    ReplyDelete